EU Project Internship
Full-time, paid internship position with Prospex Institute
Are you interested in enabling citizen and stakeholder participation in decision-making processes? Do you have an interest in environmental sustainability and innovation?
Then our internship might be something for you: we are a small internationally active not-for-profit organisation working with partners across Europe, ranging from businesses, academia to policy-makers and many other actors to facilitate the participation of stakeholders and citizens in dialogue and decision-making processes. We work on research and innovation projects dealing with a variety of topics including among others circular economy, energy, environment, resource efficiency (more at www.prospex-institute.org ).
You will become familiar with Prospex Institute’s high-level research projects with a focus on citizen and stakeholder engagement in Europe:
- Supporting research, analysis and documentation in a large variety of content fields
- Helping with stakeholder mapping and contact as well as other project-related aspects
- Drafting background notes, documents, reports, etc.
- Supporting our communication strategy and online engagement processes
- Drafting content for the Prospex Institute website and social media
- Supporting with event preparation including logistics, travel, registration…
Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g. social science, communication, political science, environmental science,…)
Personal and social skills:
- Excellent research, drafting and analytical skills
- A team player but able to work independently
- Able to work yourself quickly and deeply into a specific topic
- Willingness to learn and contribute
- Interested or ideally knowledgeable in
- Participatory processes (stakeholder engagement, facilitation, policy interfaces)
- a diverse set of topics from policy to business and societal issues, such as environment, energy, business processes, etc.
- communication (including social media and website maintenance)
- attracted to gaining high-level experiences, often in international projects in a small, intercultural, highly professional and dynamic team.
- In possession of a valid work permit for the European Union
- Fluency in English (absolute must) both in writing and speaking
- Another European language is a strong asset
- MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Social media channels (e.g. Linkedin, Twitter)
- Website management is an asset
- Willingness to discover new IT tools
- At our office, located in the heart of the EU quarter (Schuman area) in Brussels
- For a period of six months
- Starting at the beginning of August (exact starting date will be decided with the chosen candidate)
Are you interested?
Please fill in the application form using this link. For your application to be considered you will need to provide us with a CV and a motivation letter in PDF format. The deadline to fill in the application form is the 19th of July 2019. Please note that only applications received through the link provided above will be considered.
Should you have any questions about this internship offer please feel free to contact Dimitri Weibel (email@example.com)